Hertfordshire, SG1 2AX
After becoming the fastest selling electronic music festival in 2012, Eastern Electrics Festival 2013 goes bigger, later, longer and louder than ever before!
Extending to three days and two full nights, EE2013 will see over 100 of the finest global artists and sought-after rising talents in electronic music, spanning a metropolis of arenas, hosted by more than fifteen underground elite promoters from across the UK and Europe. Running from 2pm to 6am on Friday and Saturday, and 12pm to 10pm on Sunday to offer an epic 42 hours of musical adventure!
Breaking the mould, this summer EE will move to the legendary Knebworth Park, a venue synonymous with music where since 1974 there have been no less than 26 large events with hundreds of world-famous artists performing to hundreds of thousands of fans in the stunning green fields surrounding the 15th Century Manor House. Knebworth House has seen artists including Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Ella Fitzgerald, Jamiroquai, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Robbie Williams, along with a multitude of DJs.
Steeped in a rich musical heritage and located just 20 minutes from central London here, in the rolling fields of the Hertfortdshire countryside, Eastern Electrics has found the perfect home to throw our most epic party to date.
Where is Knebworth Park?
Knebworth Park is the grounds of one of Englands most beloved stately homes. Its situated 29 miles outside of London and takes 20 minutes on the train from Kings Cross, its also next to the A1, so is easy to get to by car or bus. Big Green Coaches will be running a bus service from across the UK. There is also lots of parking on site, but you will need to purchase a parking pass in advance.
Why did you choose this location?
Knebworth has a long history of hosting rock concerts and dance events. Including Oasis, Pink Floydd, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and The Rolling Stones
It is one of the only venues in the country that you can hold all night dance music events and achieve a good sound level. Previous events have been held on the site by both Ministry of Sound and Renaissance. Our team spent months looking at lots of different sites with licenses till 2am and 4am, but felt that in order to put on an event that was on a par with the large scale dance events in Europe and the US, the music needed to go on until at least 6am.
It is also a really beautiful setting, from the main stage you can see the stately home and the surrounding countryside and there are lots of trees, streams and fields to lose yourself in.
What if I don't want to camp?
The ticket allocation has been split, so that 50% of the tickets are camping and 50% are non camping. If you don't want to camp, but still want to come for the whole weekend, then you can buy a non-camping ticket. This will allow you to go off site and there are lots of hotels in the surrounding areas, that are easily accessible from Knebworth Park.
What if I only want to come for one day?
That's fine as well, we have one day ticket options every day. These will allow you access on site from midday on the day you purchase and you will be able to stay until the last act finishes (6am the following day for Friday and Saturday Tickets, 10pm that night for Sunday Tickets)
What if I don't want to camp?
The ticket allocation has been split, so that 50% of the tickets are camping and 50% are non camping. If you don't want to camp, but still want to come for the whole weekend, then you can buy a non-camping ticket. This will allow you to go off site and there are lots of hotels in the surrounding areas, that are easily accessible from Knebworth Park. Non-camping tickets available here.
Hotels in the area
What else will be happening on site?
Its not all about the rave! If your on site for 3 days, you can't listen to your favourite DJ's all the time!
So we have created The Electric City, another world to entertain you when you want to get out of the rave. It will feature a roller disco, the famous bitch and stitch make up boudoir, a maze to get lost in and loads of performers to entertain you!
If your not ready for bed at 6am, there will also be a 24 hour field with a cinema showing music based films (and a few classic 80's and 90's movies), a speak easy bar and a silent disco (TBC)
Obviously there will also be lots of bars on site including a bespoke cocktail bar and an on site pub (more details on this below).
Food wise, we have a mix of high quality caterers, both independent and more recognised names - more details will follow on the exact caterers we have chosen, but we know how important it is to get some tasty food inside you when you're dancing all weekend.
How many music arenas will there be?
We will have 6 music stages, and have worked hard to make each one a unique space for you to dance in 'til the sun comes up.
- Outdoor Transformer stage - This will be a bespoke main stage, built by the guys that do production at Glastonbury, it is being purpose built for the event and each year it will grow and mutate into something even more spectacular. This stage will run from 2pm-10pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday and will have capacity for every single person at the festival, so everyone will get to see the headline acts. These include Moderat (live), Hot Natured (live), Masters at Work, Maya Jane Coles and many more.
- Eastern Electrics All-Night Arena - This is the biggest indoor stage and runs from 10pm - 6am on Friday and Saturday night, it has a huge capacity and features some of our biggest nightime headliners including Seth Troxler, Richie Hawtin, Tale of Us and Dave Clarke
- mulletover / Crosstown Rebels Arena - This is the 2nd biggest stage and features some big hitters on both the Friday and Saturday nights. DJ Sneak, Koze, Sasha, Subb-and and Damian Lazarus are just some of the highlights
- Big Top - Running all day and all night this is where you will find Black Atlantic,
- Outdoor Switchyard Stage - Built within a rectangle of shipping containers, and featuring raised dance platforms all around the sides is our 2nd bespoke arena. With the DJ playing from the open side of a lorry and music running from 2pm - 6am, this will be one of our most popular stages, as you will be able to dance under the stars and then watch the sun come up with promoters including El-row, secretsundaze, Krank Brothers and Dirtybird
- IglooVision Dome - The smallest arena at 1,000 capacity, is by no means an after thought. Inside the dome will feature 360 degree projections, to give a completely immersive experience. Expect to lose hours to the Futureboogie Sound System, Krush, Louche, Culprit and Junk Department
- The Star of EE - The line-up in here is still under wraps, but we've got some very special artists appearing in the on site pub, here you will see Skream provide us with a rare disco set joined buy Waifs & Strays, Santé, Simon Baker and more.